Three years ago C and I did an interview thing on here about being an allosexual/asexual couple, to show her perspective on what it’s like to date an asexual person. It’s the second most-linked post of all time, so it seems people were very interested! I thought it would be really good to do a follow-up interview, especially since in the last year she’s started to identify as aromantic. I asked her if she’d like me to gather some questions for her to answer, and she said, “Hey, yeah! That’d be fun!”
So let’s do that. I think it’d be a lot more interesting if other people ask her questions than if I try to come up with them myself, since I already know the answers. Plus, I probably won’t think about all the things that people might actually want to know. The questions don’t have to only be about our relationship or aromanticism, but those would probably be the most popular topics.
Here are some things about her (and us):
- She is aromantic bisexual
- She is a trans woman, and post-transition
- We’ve been together for almost 7 years, but when we started dating it was accidental
- We’re poly, and have been from the start—but being aromantic (and greyromantic) complicates things
- We used to do some sexual stuff but we’ve been comfortably celibate for a while now—she has mostly lost interest for now
- She has a lot of interesting thoughts about sexual attraction which she started writing out for a guest post years ago and never finished
- She is INFJ and really strongly identifies with her Myers-Briggs type (I’m INTJ if you’re interested in relationship dynamics or something like that)
- She likes outdoorsy things and is really knowledgeable about survival, camping, and hiking
So maybe all of that will give you something to work with.
I’ll leave this open for gathering questions for a while, and then post the whole thing on October 2nd. If you don’t want to ask the question publicly you can email them to me instead.